If you’re in the process of deciding which hotel to book, and can’t decide between a luxurious but expensive hotel in Liverpool, or a cheaper more basic hotel, then here’s what you need to consider.
1. If you’re staying in a hotel after a night out, a stag or hen party, or to celebrate ad birthday, then you’ll want the hotel to be somewhere to get changed and to sleep. You might not be bothered about eating in the restaurant, or taking in the views or using the gym or swimming pool.
2. For those people visiting Liverpool for a sporting event, then the emphasis will be on convenience and the fact that you don’t have to travel back straightaway after the game.
3. You might be going to a concert at the Arena or to see a play at the theatre. If you’ve come from out of time, why not make more of your evening and stay the night at a hotel instead of rushing back?
4. If you’re going to be spending a whole day shopping at Liverpool One, and the many other designer shops in the city, why not book yourself a hotel room in advance so that you don’t have to leave early? By choosing a cheap hotel, you’ll still have plenty to spend on the latest must haves.
5. If you’re flying to or from Liverpool Airport, then why not spend the night before or after your flight in a cheaper hotel, so that you’re refreshed and raring to go. As the airport is just 7 miles outside of Liverpool City Centre, you’re not very far from the airport, or the heart of the city. There’s not need to stay the night at an airport hotel.
6. Perhaps you’re visiting the city on a business trip, and don’t need the executive room of a more expensive hotel. Perhaps you’ll be happy with a more basic room, and know that you’re only paying for what you need and what you’ll use.
7. Maybe you don’t need a luxury hotel because you just want somewhere to get ready before a big night out, perhaps after a day of shopping, or at the football. Whilst it’s nice to have expensive toiletries and bath robes and a huge TV, if you’re not going to be there to enjoy them, isn’t it a waste of time and money?
8. If you know already that you won’t get value for your money from a more luxurious and expensive hotel, but don’t want another chain hotel with no personality, then perhaps you’ll be looking for a cheaper hotel with a bit of character.
9. If you’re staying for just one night, then it won’t really matter what sort of hotel you stay in as long as it is clean and comfortable, and has the facilities you actually need. Perhaps location is much more important than facilities, or maybe price is important.
10. Because there is always a lot going on in Liverpool, with many conferences and business functions taking place, as well as the sports and entertainment, there are many hotels to choose from. Whilst some of the more popular and better known hotels do tend to get booked up quickly, some of the cheaper and lesser known hotels might just be available when you want to visit.
Now you know some of the reasons for not choosing an expensive hotel, perhaps now is the time for you to book one of the cheap hotels in Liverpool for your next visit here.